As you might have heard, the Indians are 0-3. While I’m not happy about it, as many of you are, I had some observations about the opening series that weren’t all bad.
- Don’t panic. The Indians have lost three in a row before, and they’ll lose three in a row again. The only difference is that here, we’re starting the season with three losses.
- The Indians pitching is inconsistent at best, but anything happens in Texas. That’s a home-run friendly park, with an outstanding offense, with Indians pitchers that may not quite have found their form.
- Travis Hafner looks orders of magnitude better than last year. He doesn’t quite have the results yet in terms of hits (only three in three games), but he hasn’t struck out very much (once, if I’m not mistaken), and he is having some decent at-bats. He’s coming along.
- No errors so far. The Indians haven’t made any errors in the first few games, which to me is a good sign.
- I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far from Ben Francisco and Shin-Soo Choo, and Trevor Crowe more confident than a timid little rookie at the plate.
I’m headed to the home opener here in about twenty minutes, so I’ll try to bring in a win. Until next time, go Tribe!