1134 Autumn Circle · Columbia, SC 29206
phone (440) 796-7806 ·
e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org ·
James J. Sawczuk
- Developed highly-scalable web applications using a LAMP stack deployed on Amazon EC2
- Used a number of other technologies such as memcache, Redis, and node.js on production applications
- Developed applications for the Facebook platform to serve millions of users
- Spearheaded the development of a business pivot to Facebook Page audience analytics
- Prototyped most of the analytics algorithms used
- Consulted on a statistical study of fan engagement vs. age for Coca-Cola to present at a conference
- Grew used to an agile environment, developed solutions based on fluid specifications
- Spoke at a local tech group about Facebook platform development
- Assisted with recruiting and interviewing potential new hires
Client Services Engineer - Intern
- Assisted clients with basic PC issues as well as network, server and printer issues
- Made recommendations for hardware and software upgrades for various clients
- Continually monitored clients’ networks to ensure continued stability
- Worked with other engineers to standardize a network monitoring system
- Created custom, data-driven applications for various clients
- Gained experience in .NET development, report development and handheld development
- Worked with other developers to standardize practices including application deployment techniques, version control management, and product testing standards
- Content management and addition for faculty and staff
- Worked with other students on several larger projects, including a high school course registrar and a course database complete with objectives
- Development environments: Extensive experience with Visual Studio; familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Photoshop)
- APIs: Extensive experience with the Facebook platform (Graph API, Canvas apps); experience with the Twitter, Github API
- Databases: Extensive experience with MySQL and SQL Server development/optimization; some experience with MongoDB, MySQL/SQL Server administration, Reporting Services development
- Operating Systems: Extensive experience with Windows 98 through Windows 7, Mac OS X; experience in Linux (desktop, terminal, and programming), Amazon EC2 set-up and administration
- Other: Experience with Mathematica, Subversion, Mercurial, Git, and CVS version control, Memcache, Redis, Sharepoint application/workflow development
- Created a small blog website that operated for almost four years. Users were allowed to upload photos, write journal entries, etc. Source available upon request.
- Implemented and open-sourced a WordPress theme from scratch for my personal blog.
- Created and currently administer a website frontend and Google Apps-based backend of a local church technology stack for about 25 users, including e-mail, calendars, chat and a custom website.
- Took and completed the inaugural free machine learning class from Stanford and Coursera with a final score of 100%.